Wednesday, January 25, 2012

King Cake or Ice Cream???

One of the best things about Mardi Gras is King Cake!                                                                                                                  





 You can really get into a deep debate about who has the best or what kind of King Cake is better....traditional or cream cheese filling or fruit filling

Well Bluebell Ice Cream came out with their version of the tradition of having "King Cake" during the Mardi Gras season.


Blue Bell has always been our favorite brand of ice cream. Cookies and Cream is my all time favorite!
A few summers ago they came out with a great flavor. I think it was called "Cookies, Cookies, Cookies" It was the only flavor we ate that summer. I think they had 7 different kinds of cookies in it!!!
But sadly I don't think they have that in their rotation any more.

A few years ago we got "Spiced Pumpkin Pecan". Oh my word was it good!!! We had it that year for our Thanksgiving Day dessert!


This past Christmas we tried the "Christmas Cookie" and it was really good. Tasted just like Christmas cookies should taste!


And today we tried "Mardi Gras King Cake". 
It is very good and I will probably buy it again but there is just something about serving yourself a piece of real King Cake with the anticipation of not knowing if your piece has the baby and you will be having the next King Cake party!!!



But for now I will be screaming for "Mardi Gras King Cake" ice cream!!



.

3 comments:

  1. Kelly, you have made me hungry showing that wonderful assortment of Blue Bell ice cream! I agree with you that they really have a delicious variety of flavors. I have never seen the Mardi Gras one but I'm sure it it good, also. Celebrating Mardi Gras is interesting to me because our family has never done the Mardi Gras thing. The tree and cute decorations that you shared at my party were very colorful as would be expected. I hope you have a wonderful fun time!! ------------Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had never heard of King cake until when I was working for a doctor who brought it in every year because she was from Louisiana.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kelly!! Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog today. Oh, this brings back memories!! I grew up on Blue Bell and that's what I still buy; but, I haven't seen the Mardi Gras King Cake ice cream here. I'm gonna have to check again. I just noticed you have an Etsy shop!! I feel some shopping coming on!

    ReplyDelete