Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Baking for the Holidays Part 1

~~Sugar Cookies~~

I don't bake every Christmas but when I do I bake a lot...A LOT! It seems that I spent lots of time in my kitchen this Holiday season. I baked before Christmas for Christmas gifts to friends. I baked for Christmas Day to bring desserts for our family get together and I baked for New Year's Eve to bring sweets over to a friend"s house. 

Besides baking a chocolate cake (from a box mix) and ordering pecan pies, there were 3 recipes I used for my Holiday baking. 

Here is the 1st one (I'll post the other 2 in the next couple of days)~~~

Sugar Cookies~~

Ingredients~~


1 1/2 cups butter, softened


2 cups white sugar



4 eggs


1 teaspoon vanilla


5 cups all purpose flour



2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt


Directions~~



In a large bowl, cream together butter & sugar until smooth





Beat in eggs & vanilla


Stir in flour, baking powder & salt


It helps to have a happy face in the kitchen to help out!!


Chill dough for at least 1 hour (or over night)



Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Roll out dough on floured surface
1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Cut into shapes with any cookie cutter.

Place cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheet.
(I put mine fairly close together because they don't spread out that much while baking)
And I added sprinkles (because I really like sprinkles!!)

Bake for 6 - 8 minutes in preheated oven
Cool completely.
This recipe makes LOTS of cookies!!!


I even added a little lemon flavoring to half of one batch. My husband loves lemony desserts
so I made these especially for him. 


So sugary good
and so easy to make!!

These would be great for Valentine's Day treats!!!

Let me know if you try this recipe!!
Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment