Thursday, January 10, 2013

Oh Yea ~ It's Carnival Time!

Decorating for Mardi Gras!


My Mardi Gras Decorations are very minimal compared to my Christmas Decorations but it helps to brighten up the house once Christmas is all packed up and put away~

I was really hoping to get out today and shop for a few more Mardi Gras items but~~~IT'S ABOUT TO STORM HERE!!

Here are a few of the Mardi Gras decorations I have up right now.

My son was in the Perseus Parade in Slidell for 2 years.
This pic is from his second year~~It was a cold parade day!


This pic of my son & my niece was from the very first Mardi Gras parade that my son was in.
We use to have a neighborhood Mardi Gras parade and he was the King one year!


This pic is from the second parade he was in at his school. First graders got to decorated hats and march in the school parade.


Smaller round pic is from the first Perseus Parade and the bigger pic is when he and a few of his friends
went to see another friend when she was the reigning queen in one of the bigger Mardi Gras Krews. 



King & Queen Crowns


King Fairy


Mischief Doll


A few more Mardi Gras Decorations in the bookcase.


Tied Mardi Gras ribbon around my flameless candles.


A Mardi Gras Fleur de Lis painted by a local artist.


Here are the girls from last year's Krewe De Paws parade.


Sabrina~Ha! Can you tell I have a treat for her in my hand!


She had lots of fun!


And here is Gracie~enjoying the day!


It almost looks like she is dancing here!


I ordered some vintage Mardi Gras postcards from ebay. Not sure what I'm gonna do with them yet but
I thought it would be a fun thing to have!

I would love to pick up a few more Mardi Gras Decorations. Maybe a few more items by local artist~~

Do you decorate for Mardi Gras?

Which parades are your favorites?

Oh Yea It's Carnival Time and Everybody's Having Fun!!










1 comment:

  1. Hi Kelly,

    It sure does look like your ready for Mardi Gras. I loved seeing your family pictures of your son and your niece when they were little. Your decorations are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete